A regular meeting of the Board of the Coalition for the Capital Crescent Trail was held at 7:00 pm, on March 12, 2018 at the Chevy Chase Branch of the Montgomery County, Maryland, Library.
- Ma provided the Board with an update on the construction status of the River Road Park. Parks Manager for the division covering the trail is Jeff Devlin.
- Jenny Sue continues collecting donations – for the second wall, on the east side of the pergola. She noted that Mr. Porto has the stone for the Park on hand. Bricks will be from Capital Brick and Tile. Pavers will be Bluestone or Variegated Bluestone
- The Board decided to print more brochures, and simply to add a sticker to them noting that the trail is closed between Bethesda and Silver Spring owing to construction of the Purple Line. Text will be “CCT is closed east of Bethesda for Purple Line construction.”
- Ron noted that the CCT has counters [of trail users] at the tunnel and at the Bethesda end of the trail, and that Jeffrey Bourne, Division Chief, has the data.
- Ron mentioned the need to monitor plans to ensure that the triangular plaza provided by Ourisman at Bethesda Row is designed to discourage bicycle cut-through.
- River Road Park: Forms for donors’ bricks have been sent out, Lynn, will forward a copy to the brick maker. One side of the triangular kiosk will recognize major donors.
- Mike Hunninghake reported that a Bells & Whistles notice has been sent out. The Board approved $400 for purchase of bells. Bike to Work Day – Bethesda; will be held in a location TBD.